COUNTY COUNCIL SERVICES UNDER TIER 4
From Boxing Day (Saturday 26 December), changes will be implemented to Norfolk’s Libraries and the museums run by Norfolk Museums Service. All council services will comply with Tier 4 rules that apply from 26 December.
There will also be a suspension of Weddings in Norfolk with limited exceptions, such as deathbed marriages, as required by the government. The Ceremonies Team will be available to advise couples whose weddings have had to be postponed.
In addition to the library offer:
· Adult Educationwill continue to be available online
· Household Waste Recycling Centres will remain open
· Registration of birthswill remain open – for legal reasons this must be done in person
· Registration of deathswill remain by telephone only
· The Coroner’s Courtwill remain open, but operate a strict prioritisation system
· Day services will remain to stay open in line with national guidance as support groups, but with robust infection control arrangements in place.
The council will continue to monitor its services and, if regulations and circumstances change, it will review its current plans. The council’s website – www.norfolk.gov.uk – features the latest, updated information.
For urgent social care matters that cannot be safely left until the next normal working day contact us on 0344 800 8020 – 24 hours a day throughout the holiday period.